Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Valerie and her week of wonders



I watched this film the other day by Czech film director Jaromil Jireš and the film is based on the book by surrealist writer Vítězslav Nezval .
I first became aware of the existence of the film through listening to a broadcast song 'Valerie' which you can watch in the blog post above, inspired by 'Valerie and her week of wonder'. The sound track to the film is amazingly surreal and fantastical, the film captures what I feel is a confusing time in a girls adolescence and projects it through imagery that boarders between fairy tale and dark fantasy. Definitely worth watching xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain