Tuesday, 10 January 2012

No Booze for 6 Months

Happy new year everyone!! After a very spectacular home fire work display on new years eve Chris, Gail and I went for a walk on Crosby beach, it was incredibly beautiful and a good start to our new year. A needed start to encourage our six months of no alcohol. Yes that's right, 6 whole months. For those of you that know me very well, you will know that I drink, a lot, too much, an unhealthy amount, unhealthy on my body and on my purse so the time has come to try life without the reassuring end of the day or sometimes afternoon alcoholic beverage that has been my friend for all these years. Its time to welcome an amazing collection of teas, all kinds of teas and tonic water with lime and imaginary gin in, yes, I have been imagining there is gin in it. I miss red wine, I miss an ice cold beer, I miss prosecco, I miss whiskey, I miss Guinness, I miss going to the pub and drinking something, anything alcoholic, but I'm doing it and I have now done 9 days when this day ends. The first few days (week) I had a headache, it seems to be easing off now, I think it was withdrawal symptoms. Chris and I went to the pub the other day, had a Becks Blue (ghastly things) we played battleships, it was pleasant, I feel I can get used to it. So Chris and I have given up and we are raising money for charity whilst doing it. I have created a charity page for you to donate to and we are hoping to raise £1000, half to Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) and half to Way Ahead Brain Tumour Research Campaign. We are joining our friend Gaz (A year sans beer) on his journey. You don't have to sponsor us much, Gaz has requested people donate the money they would spend on buying him a pint and Chris and I shall be asking the same, so if you can sponsor us and spread the word that would be great. Im sure I will keep you updated on how it's going and also check Gaz's blog out too, he has some funny experiences to read about.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope this doesn't sound silly, but whenever I really want something I know I shouldn't have, I imagine vividly that I am having it, so I replace the real experience with a mental one - might be helpful on a bad day some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain