Wednesday, 2 May 2012

poached/roast chicken

I always poach my chicken first, in water with; a stock cube, salt and pepper, any herbs that are available (this time only bay leaves for me), lemon and lime, carrot, celery, onion, and I also put chillies in. After poaching for about 40 minutes I drain the stock and then roast the chicken until it's golden brown on top. I'll use the chicken and then return the bones to the pot with the stock and bring it to boil then leave to simmer usually for 3 or 4 hours and then I strain it and pot in to jars and some into an ice cube tray, then freeze it all for stock on hand at all times. The ice cube tray of stock is really handy to have in the freezer for gravies and other sauces. We had roast chicken, homemade potato salad, and mixed salad, delicious! xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain