Sunday, 17 June 2012

coil pot workshop and portrait competition

Yesterday was a busy but great day! I started off in the morning doing my project at the allotment which was a ceramic workshop, making pinch pots and coil pots. It was more successful than the mark making one because of the amount of people that turned up. It's funny how hard it can be to get people to come to free events that are happening near them, no matter how hard you try. I think it's one of those situations where the people that come will build up over time through word of mouth.
In the afternoon I went to Old Christ Church in Waterloo to 'The Royal Tea Party', a party for princes, princesses, knaves and knights. I was on the portrait competition table, it was great fun. One little girl came up to me and said "Hi, my teacher says I'm the best artist in the class", I miss having that confidence!!

2 comments:

  1. Great workshop. KIds loved it.
    They'll definitely be there for the macrame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, I'm glad they loved it! I took the pots in for firing today, so they'll be ready to pick up at the next workshop. Thanks for the comment! see you on the 30th!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain