Friday, 14 September 2012

down the allotment




































The best thing about being down the allotment is getting to know everyone on the plots, I got talking to some guy today and he gave me a cucumber, I don't mean it's good because people give you things, I mean it's good because of solidarity. I feel so welcome and included down at the allotment, sure we all have a common interest and that's great but it's much more than that, it's like achievement and acceptance and appreciation, somehow I think I can't really explain it but I know it makes me feel really great and wholesome xxo

8 comments:

  1. that is so true, it is so rewardning to harvest from your own garden and be able to cook with them. people with common interest can became friends easily. enjoy the fresh harvest helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had an alotement garden, here in the city are long waiting-list before you can get one… Your groceries look all so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the allotment I go to is a community allotment, the same as you there was a 6 year waiting list so I got involved in the community one, maybe there is something similar near you lisa? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have sent you an e-mail : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!! I have done it, thank you for your help x

      Delete
  5. To grow is to nurture.
    A garden is a place of patience, care giving and a slower pace of life.
    You have a beautiful allotment.
    Such a proud pumpkin, the dog's nose look of a bent sunflower head...
    ...and I'm completely in love with those carrots!!!
    : )
    xo, j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh, the carrots are delicious too, I enjoy being down there, and I enjoy eating the things that grow. You're right about the slower pace of life, there's no pressure there, it's such a relaxing environment x

      Delete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain