Friday, 12 April 2013

Sashiko inspired mending project open to all

This post is for anyone who is interested whether I already know you or not, whether you live in the UK or in New Zealand, Australia, Iceland or France, anywhere. I would like to mend your clothes for you. I would like you to send me an item of clothing that you own or belongs to someone you know and has a hole in it or a tear, or is just on the verge of becoming possibly unwearable, I would like you to post that item to me and then mend it for you, using a running stitch inspired by Sashiko techniques and reinforcement embroidery and stitching techniques. The only catch is, I get to mend the item with free artistic licence, making the damage to the garment a focus, a decorative and beautiful part of the item. I will mend the item and photograph it and send it back to you so you can carry on enjoying it. It could be a shirt, a dress, a cardigan, a bag, all sorts. If you are interested in this project please email me on helensarahvaughan@googlemail.com you can also visit here to see more about the project which is for my masters degree. I look forward to hearing from you.







4 comments:

  1. helen! what a great project!
    i am sure i have something with a hole or a tear...!
    i will e-mail you dear!
    *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh lovely!! I'm glad you want to take part x x

      Delete
  2. this is such a GREAT project!
    i have taken some photos of a few things that you maybe can consider if you want to put your mending hands on or not.
    just sent an e-mail to you with the photos attached.

    looking forward to hear from you
    and
    wishing you the very best of luck with this project
    for your masters degree.

    if you like i would love to tell about it at my blog...
    let me know what you think.

    xx



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh yes please do mention it on your blog, lovely stuff. I received the email, shall reply via email xxo

      Delete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain