Thursday, 6 June 2013

present from Anna at faire-la-bise

















My beautiful friend Anna gave me a special hand made gift yesterday, an origami necklace that she has made and it is perfect. I can not wait to wear it, proudly, with a plain dress so that the boldness of the necklace stands out more. It is a skill that I do not know anything about so how it is made it a mystery to me and therefore all the more intriguing and special. I often find myself, because of my training as a silversmith and being a maker in general, holding items and trying to work out how it was made, each step of the process I try to think through and I correct myself if I think I have not worked it out quite right, does anyone else do this? It does not mean I enjoy an item any less but maybe sometimes I think I wish I could just look at something and enjoy it for what it is for longer before I try to work out how it was made. This necklace made by Anna allows me to do this, I can just look at it (which I keep doing, just holding it) and be in awe of the skill and enjoy it for what it is without trying to work out how it was made.
.
thank you Anna


...



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. isn't it beautiful, she's open to commissions so if you'd like one let me know and I'll pass you on to her

      Delete
  2. wow, I have never seen something like this before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Helen for such a kind, thoughtful post..I actually squealed (as much as you can in a Library) when I saw your post. So glad you like it xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain