Monday, 15 July 2013

holiday trip

































.
we have been away for a week visiting friends and family and having a lovely time
.
we went to Louth in Lincolnshire to see friends then from there to Bramley Leeds to see my brother, sister in law and my two niece. We then went onto Ilkley, North Yorkshire to see friends, on to Bradshaw, Ramsbottom to see my dad then Penwortham in Preston to see my mum, then Charnock Richard, Chorley to see Chris' dad and then finished the week in the Lake District Penrith. 
.
We have had a well deserved and lovely rest and it was nice to see loved ones and they were all lovely hosts, thank you
.
In Penrith we were camping at Sleddale Hall which is the cottage where Withnail and I was filmed, in the film it is called 'Crow Cragg'. An organisation called Picnic Cinema has organised a series of events in order to raise money for an independent cinema, you can read more about it here. The events are showing films outdoors and the one we went to was showing the film on location of where it was set, so we watched the film outdoors and camped in the field by the cottage, was an excellent experience, I recommend any of the events. 
.
Hope you have all had a lovely week, I'm going to catch up on all your posts over lunch and a cup of tea.


...




6 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a lot of things.
    I went to a picnic cinema too, it is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are amazing aren't they, such a great idea

      Delete
  2. you had a beautiful time!
    and the picnic cinema is such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed it is, and in this weather they are perfect. it was such a lovely time x

      Delete
  3. What a great idea, do they do this picnic cinema every year? I would love to get there sometime, lovely photographs! /maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know they do them around the lake district in the uk and Alicia from http://prunusflor.blogspot.com did a post about one so I'm sure they do them around and in other countries, was great fun x

      Delete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain