Monday, 16 September 2013

28 today
















.
I have turned 28 today and this is me with my fat cat Conker wearing a new dress two of my good friends bought for me
.
the necklace bought myself arrived from speckles which is a shop owned by Anna, I love it, thank you Anna
.
some birthday presents, including the sheepskin rug they are photographed on
.
my first weave that I have made and I have a very strong feeling it will be the first of many, I have plans to do a large scale natural one with the students at my new job
.
roast dinner with friends
.
these are my new glasses, they arrived on Friday, they have a special tint in to help me read better, I have dyslexia and also Iren syndrome which can be light sensitivity. These glasses mean that when I read I don't see patterns which is what can happen because of my dyslexia, but I see 'normally' or clearly instead. They are an amazing aid for me and I can't believe how my reading has improved
.
hope you all had a lovely weekend


...



14 comments:

  1. Helen!! happy birthday! you look really lovely... and i love your ukelele... :) have a beautiful day!!

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday my dear helen!
    what a lovely foto of you and conker!
    love the wall of your house!
    i hope you had and still having a beautiful day!
    oh, i have found some simple weaving tutorials
    in pinterest and i want soon to try them!
    your piece is very very nice!
    and your dinner looks yummy too!
    good night dear!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much for your wishes, I had a lovely day, wish to have the day off work but we shall celebrate this weekend with a meal and a small trip next month x

      Delete
  3. You are so young!!!
    Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. am I? how old did you expect me to be? 28 is still young, some people may think it is old, :) x

      Delete
  4. Oh happy birthday!!! so nice to hear that the necklace has arrived on your birthday!!! enjoy it!!!!
    hugs Helena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much< i really love it x x

      Delete
  5. Happy late birthday Helen! I'm so glad that you have enjoyed it and have lovely prezzies to celebrate. Both my daughters play the ukuleles. That was a funny birthday story; I bought my youngest a ukulele at the same time as my middle daughter bought her one, so now Chloe has two. We thought about taking one back to the store but it became too much fun to play duelling ukes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. duelling ukes sounds like a great game, and what an excellent name. Thank you for the birthday wishes Veronica x

      Delete
  6. Happy B-day! Anna's necklace is beautiful! And so the cat*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is a lovely cat and yes the neck is pretty I love the asymmetry of it x

      Delete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain