Wednesday, 5 February 2014

wedding flowers











.
I just received some photographs of a wedding I did the flowers for in August
.
it's true what they say, sometimes you need to take a step back to see how good something is. As it has been a few months since the wedding I had forgotten about it, although I was pleased with how it turned out I think I was still slightly running from adrenaline of getting everything done on time, working very late, and with it being my first solo wedding I wanted it to be perfect. I can look back now and feel  proud of myself, the flowers look lovely, as do the bride and groom
.
you can look back on the previous post for this wedding here
.
I am doing another wedding for the lovely Emily of ivegotknits in May who's marrying the lovely Jim from salle pierre lamy 
.
I am open to all uk based weddings, email me if you would like your flowers done by me, also I have a friend who will hire out vintage crockery, lovely 
.
photographs by Maisy Carr 


...

10 comments:

  1. Helen, those flowers looks beautiful. I love the gentle blue nigella and sea holly you've used. You've done a fantastic job. Lately I've been seeing some vintage bits being put into bouquets, like lovely, sparkly pins here and there, just as though they were flowers. Have you seen that? I really like it. Also, I love the jewellery of the British husband and wife team from the blog junkaholique. (Ok, that has nothing to do with flowers, but I felt like telling you anyway.) :) Hope your week is shaping up to be a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you call sea holly we call a thistle. I am glad you like it, thank you. I think I know the sort you mean, very nice. Yes I know who you mean, their work is beautiful and their life looks very lovely. I am having an ok week, I am not in the mood to be at work, I want to be at home, enjoying home. I hope you are having a pleasant week x

      Delete
  2. the bouquet is so so beautiful!
    and the fotos of the wedding too :)
    and you two look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers ... worth marrying the Mr a second time for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous bouquet and so unique too. I love the pops of blue amongst the white and green. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the blue flower is called nigella it is a lovely flower x

      Delete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain