Saturday, 5 July 2014

after the sour lemon moon




















.
lately I have been enjoying spending time with my love, we have been having meals and going on trips together, the other evening we went to a beatles night and watched a hard days night, which we had never seen and enjoyed it.
.
I have been reading and now finished (sadly) a book by Denise Parsons 'after the sour lemon moon' you can see more about Denise here on her blog chezdanisse . The book captured me from the start and I didn't want it to end. The book savours the simplicity in life. The detail leaves me wanting whatever is being described and the book as a whole makes me empathise with peoples choices, and letting their choices be, without judgement, which is something I feel strongly about in life. It made me want to go on a journey and travel light. It made me feel as though we should all follow the quote by William Morris   'Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful' and try to apply that to not only objects but life. 
Thank you for writing this book
.
I am thoroughly enjoying the growth in my garden and can't wait to taste the fruits of my labour
.
have a lovely weekend, I'm off to buy some rye bread


...



7 comments:

  1. What a lovely post about the simplicity in life & valuing it. Enjoy your weekend & your rye bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading After the Sour Lemon Moon and sharing your thoughts here. Enjoy your rye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The phots are very nice and I`ve already saw a lot about this book... I`ll now have a closer look to it. Helen, cause you asked, you can still take part at the project, I would love to hear your story. That would make me very happy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a captivating book to read, lovely flower shots, and yay for bread buying (and eating! yum!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very interesting novel. I love to read about simple ways of life, I strongly believe that simplicity is the key to happiness.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain